The Living Room
The Living Room
The living room is a place of family activity where family members get-together and where guests are entertained.
The living room affects the reputation of the household, his wealth and co-operative spirit of the entire family.
Do take note of the following:-
1. The living room must be well lighted preferably with natural lighting from a window/the balcony.
2. The size of the living room must not be too small.
It should be proportional to other parts of the house.
3. Do not place mirrors on the ceiling of the living room.
4. Do not place too many furnitures or make the living room crowded.
5. Make an attempt to cover all exposed ceiling beams where possible.
6. Preferably, the floor area should be level with other parts of the house.
7. Avoid dark coloured floor tiles in the living room.
If your house has split levels, make the living room at the lowest level:-
The picture above shows a split level house with the dining room on the higher steps and the living room at the lower steps. This arrangement is good.
For the dining room:-
1. It should not be near to the main door.
2. It should not be located under the staircase.
3. The ceiling of the dining room should not have an opening.
4. Avoid placing large mirror in the dining room.
5. The dining table should be oval, round or rounded rectangle shaped.
6. The dining table should not face any doors or the staircase.
7. Avoid having a ceiling beam above the dining table.
8. Avoid letting the dining table face the toilet door.
- Hits: 62792